Moncton, N.B. – April 15, 2020 – UFCW Local 1288P members working at Capital Foodservice in Moncton, New Brunswick have built a better life by achieving a new union contract that provides wage gains, an increased footwear allowance, and more.
The 50 members of UFCW 1288P work as warehouse employees and drivers for Capital Foodservice, a well-established food distribution business that delivers a wide range of food products across New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
Under their new four-year collective agreement, the Capital Foodservice members will see the following improvements:
- Wage increases for all warehouse workers and drivers, including freezer, b-train, and night shift employees;
- Fewer hours required to receive the overtime rate (40 hours instead of 44);
- A cap on casual employees outside peak time;
- Fewer hours required to receive the double time rate;
- An additional 30-minute break and a $10 meal allowance when working 4 hours beyond a regular scheduled shift;
- 5 weeks vacation after 18 years of service (formerly 20 years);
- Bereavement leave covers 5 workdays for the passing of an immediate family member;
- Carry over sick time has increased to 8 days from 5;
- Boot allowance increases to $200 in the final year of the contract, up from $155;
- In addition to many other gains in the workplace.
The Union Negotiating Committee was led by Carl Flanagan, Tanner Tompkins, Mike Trites, and Robert Whalen.
Based in New Brunswick, UFCW 1288P is a longstanding member of the UFCW Canada Eastern Provinces Council, which proudly serves thousands of union members working in various aspects of the private sector across Atlantic Canada.
How can I enjoy the benefits of a UFCW contract?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better today. Click here to join now.