Moncton, N.B. – April 13, 2023 – UFCW 1288P members working at Pepsico Beverages across five New Brunswick locations (Moncton, Saint John, Fredericton, Grand Falls and Bathurst) recently secured a new collective agreement that improves wages, sick leave, contract language and more.
UFCW 1288P Union Negotiating Committee (l to r): Ryan Waterfield (Chief Steward Moncton), Jeff Bastarache (Steward Days Moncton), Dan Smith (Unit Chairperson), Denis Hachey (Chief Steward Bathurst), Gerald MacLeod (Drivers - Steward Moncton) Patrick Beaulieu (Grand Falls) Carl Flanagan (National Representative) and Randy Gowlett (Steward Saint John).
Members ratified the new four-year collective agreement which will be in effect as of February 1, 2023 to January 1, 2027 with increases applied retroactive across all positions.
Highlights of the new contact include:
- Improved language under Discrimination Clause to include gender identify and gender expression.
- New Article on Domestic Violence, Intimate Partner Violence or Sexual Violence Leave in accordance with Employment Standards.
- Improvement to Education Leave.
Improvement for Part-Time members:
- Overtime after 40 hours;
- Bereavement Leave for immediate family at five (5) days scheduled;
- Full-time after 1560 hours in 12 months;
- Wage Increases – Year 1: $23.15; Year 2: $24.15; Year 3: $25.00; Year 4: $25.85
- Changes to wage progression at date of hire: 90% at start, 95% after 12 months, 100% after 24 months.
- New Hire Sick Leave: Starts at three (3) days – each year with perfect attendance add one (1) day to maximum of seven (7) days and paid out if not used.
- Re-establishment of the Apprenticeship Program at Moncton location.
- New Overtime Language: All overtime by seniority.
- Boot allowance: $300.00 in Year 1 with two payments of $150.00 and Year 4 increase to $320.00 with two payments of $160.00.
Hourly rate wage Increases:
- Year 1: $1.00
- Year 2: $1.00
- Year 3: $0.85
- Year 4: $0.85
- Equipment Moves will make $7.95 more over 4 years and overnight meal increased to $60.00 from $55.00.
- Syrup Mixing – Quality Control, BIB will make $5.01 more over 4 years of the Agreement.
- Lead Hands – $2.00 premium above rate – increase of $0.95.
UFCW 1288P is a longstanding member of the UFCW Canada Eastern Provinces Council, which proudly serves thousands of union members working in various sectors across Atlantic Canada.
How can I gain the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better. Click here to join now