Moncton, N.B. – April 13, 2023 – UFCW 1288P members at the Best Western Plus Moncton are celebrating a first contract victory after ratifying a new collective agreement that increases wages, premiums, sick days and more.
After a successful organizing campaign in July 2022, the new members who work as housepersons, front desk agents, night audit, maintenance, room, laundry and breakfast attendants, unanimously ratified their first collective agreement.
Highlights in the new contract include:
- Five paid sick days which members did not have previously.
Improved vacation entitlement:
- 1 to 5 years – two (2) weeks – four (4%) percent.
- 5-10 years – three (3) weeks – six (6%) percent.
- 10 or more years – 4 weeks – eight (8%) percent.
- Part-time – four (4%) percent added to wages; may take two (2) weeks without pay.
- Training allowance of fifty (.50¢) cents per hour.
- Language for fifty (.50¢) cents above New Brunswick minimum wage increase.
- Signing bonus in the amount of ($150.00) dollars.
- Night Premium: Front Desk & Housekeeping Supervisors and any employee working the majority of their shift between the hours of 10:00 pm and 8:00 am shall receive an additional $1.00 per hour on their rate of pay.
- Night Audit $1.00 premium inclusive in this rate.
UFCW 1288P is a longstanding member of the UFCW Canada Eastern Provinces Council, which proudly serves thousands of union members working in various sectors across Atlantic Canada.
How can I gain the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better. Click here to join now.